Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The wind, it blows. The sock, it bites.

As you can see, the wind returned. It blew my corn sideways. I'm not sure it's going to recover. I'm getting a bit sick of this stormy weather, things are getting very tatty in the garden. And that dinosaur? Beyond all hope I believe.



On to more serious things. The sock curse remains. I thought I had it broken. I even got a little cocky and was feeling extremely pleased with myself towards the toe. But then I finished the knitting, and moved straight onto grafting without even a short break for refreshments. Yep. the sock bit me. Some extremely disturbing *stuff* happened during grafting involving strangely broken yarn, and an inablity to ungraft it without using a pair of scissors to assist the process. The sock is currently resting with some scrap yarn holding the live stitches. Oh, and to add insult, the sock pulled out the scrap yarn early this evening forcing me to express myself in interesting language and use a crochet hook to save the life of this very ungrateful item.

No comments: