Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blizzard!!!!

Really. It's blizzard conditions here today, in fact it's colder than it was during winter, and stormier, and windy-er. The sunflowers were blown almost to pieces, although are holding up with the help of some hastily applied string.

This weather should put an end to the knitting-mockery that has been occurring around here lately, in fact I suspect knitters will be the only ones still alive by the time this cold front has passed.

Last night saw me break the knitting curse and regain my mojo. It took some serious work on my part but I pushed on and bravely purchased some Noro Silk Garden to help me through. I managed to graft the toes on these

socks which have been sitting in the naughty basket for longer than I care to think. The pattern is Nine-to-Five Socks by Nicole Hind, which is available as a free Ravelry download. I used Tofutsies shade 731 from SWTC which is a soysilk/wool and chitin (seashells!) blend. It's a little splitty to work with and there were *gasp* some knots but as it is sooooo soft and delicious to wear I was able to forgive it, which is saying something as I usually don't forgive for knots. I have some doubts about the environmental and social implications of this yarn though, and haven't really been able to find much information about the production processes, so if anyone can help me out there I'd be grateful.

I've also managed to tink back Hey Teach the couple of rows required and am about to recommence work on it.
It's been great to have my mojo back I was missing it, life isn't the same without some knitting to be done.

1 comment:

zephyrama said...

good to see the mojo dancing again.